Food and Health
JAMS AND SPREADS
- Jams and jellies contain simple sugars for quick energy.
- Peanut butter provides useful amounts of protein, B vitamins and minerals.
- Jams are less nutritious than fresh fruit.
- Peanut butter is high in sodium and fat.
- Other types of commercial spreads are often low in nutritional value but high in sodium and fat, as well as price.
- An excellent source of vitamin C.
- May relieve dry mouth.
- The peel contains an irritating oil.
- May be sprayed with a fungicide.