Food and Health
- An excellent source of vitamin C.
- High in pectin and other types of soluble dietary fiber.
- Good amounts of potassium and iron.
- Fresh fruit is expensive and not widely available.
- Sulfites in dried guavas may provoke an asthma attack or allergic reaction in susceptible persons.
- May help lower high blood pressure and elevated blood cholesterol.
- May prevent or fight certain cancers.
- Antiviral and antibacterial properties help prevent of fight infection.
- May alleviate nasal congestion.
- Causes bad breath.
- Can cause indigestion, especially if eaten raw.
- Direct contact irritates the skin and mucous membranes.