Food and Health
- May prevent motion sickness.
- Can help to quell nausea.
- Ginger wine may help to relieve menstrual cramps.
- Raw or candied ginger may irritate oral tissue and other mucous membranes.
- An excellent source of starchy carbohydrate and dietary fiber.
- A good source of niacin, riboflavin, other B vitamins and iron.
- More economical than meat, fish and other diet staples.
- An incomplete source of protein.
- Gluten in some grain products provokes malabsorption symptoms in people who have celiac disease.