Food and Health
- Stimulates the central nervous system.
- Can help you stay awake and alert.
- May contribute to difficulty falling asleep and disturbed or reduced sleep.
- Drinking large amounts can cause irritability and jittery nerves.
- Increases excretion of calcium.
- A good source of folate and thiamine.
- A rich source of lutein.
- Air-popped unbuttered popcorn is low in calories and very high in fiber.
- The niacin in corn is not released in the human digestive tract.
- Corn lacks lysine and tryptophan, two essential amino acids needed to make a complete protein.