Food and Health
- An excellent source of vitamin C.
- A good source of folate and potassium.
- Low in calories and high in fiber.
- An anticancer food.
- High in complex carbohydrates.
- Many are high in fiber.
- Enriched cereals are high in iron, niacin, thiamineand riboflavin, along with other B vitamins.
- Iron-fortified infant cereals are ideal introductory solid foods.
- Many commercial varieties are high in salt, sugar and fat.
- Bran cereals can reduce the absorption of iron, zinc and other minerals.
- High-bran products may cause bloating and flatulence.