Food and Health
CAKES, COOKIES AND PASTRIES
- In small amounts, a good source of quick energy.
- Delicious occasional snacks or desserts.
- Most are high in fat and calories.
- Generally contain low amounts of most vitamins and minerals.
- Often contain trans fatty acids.
- Low-calorie, almost fat-free snack or dessert.
- High in pectin, a soluble fiber that lowers cholesterol.
- Can provoke allergic reactions in susceptible people.
- They spoil quickly and are available for only a ew weeks in the summer.