Food and Health
- An excellent source of vitamin C.
- Low in calories and high in fiber.
- May help prevent colon cancer and malignancies
- Stimulated by estrogen.
- Can cause bloating and flatulence.
- Gives off strong, some what unpleasant sulfurous odor when cooked.
- Coleslaw can be high in calories.
- Temporarily enhances mental alertness and concentration.
- Can improve athletic performance by temporarily increasing endurance.
- May abort an asthma attack by relaxing constricted bronchial muscles.
- Is mildly addctive and can result in withdrawal symptoms.
- Can cause insomnia.
- Excessive amounts can produce tremors.
- Palpitations and feelings of anxiety
- Diuretic effect increases urination
- Lowers the body's absorption of calcium by increasing the amount lost in urine and stools
- Can increase blood pressure.