Food and Health
- A good source of complex carbohydrates.
- High in niacin, riboflavin, and other B-complex vitamins.
- Some kinds provide good amounts of iron
- Whole-grain breads are high in fiber.
- People with celiac disease cannot tolerate the gluten found in many breads.
- May trigger an adverse reaction in people allergic to molds.
- Often high in salt.
- Some breads made from refined flour may have a high glycemic index
- Causes feelings of aggression in some people.
BUTTER AND MARGARINE
- Improve flavour, moistness and texture of baked goods.
- Good sources of vitamins A and D.
- Margarine made with polysaturated oil contains essential fatty acids and vitamin E.
- Some margarines contain the additives.
- Sitostanol or sitosterol which can reduce cholesterol.