Food and Health
- Low in calories and high in soluble fiber that hellps lower cholesterol
- Packed with numerous phytochemicals such as quercetin that may help prevent heart disease and cancer
- Apples enhance dental hygiene
- Relatively low in nutrients.
- Skin may contain pesticide residues.
- Moderate consumption cuts heart-attack risk by raising HDL cholesterol and reducing the risk of blood clot formation.
- May protect the brain against age-related dementia.
- In small amounts, it can improve appetite and aid digestion.
- Can provoke mood swings, aggression and hangovers. Can be addictive.
- Interacts with many medications.
- Over time, moderate to high intake increases the risk of cancers, as well as heart and liver disease.